FAQs – Registration
Q. I would like my child to play with his friends.
A. Due to the increase in participation and the complexity in providing fair and balanced teams we are no longer committing to matching friend or carpooling requests. If there are very specific concerns please do not hesitate to mention them in the registration note, however a fair, balanced and equitable team is priority number one for everyone’s enjoyment. We thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Q. Is my child eligible to play in this League?
A. Please check the league Boundaries page. In general we serve Orleans, Cumberland, Navan and portions of Blackburn Hamlet.
For age eligibility please visit this page. Proof of age required.
Q. How many games will there be per week and on what nights?
A. During the spring instructional and summer competitive seasons, there will be 2 games per week (Monday through Friday, no set schedule). Due to the increase in number of players and teams, we are now making use of the fields every evening of the week. There might possibly be some weekend practices and tournaments depending on the team and level. This is more likely in the higher levels (minor, major) and competitive leagues (summer), less likely during spring Tee Ball and Coach Pitch. New for the 2021 season, we are having set nights at the TBall and Rookie/Coach Pitch level. TBall will be run on Tuesdays and Thursdays which Rookie/Coach Pitch will run on Mondays and Wednesday.
Q. Will all players get a chance to play in games?
A. House league has a mandatory fair play rule in which a player cannot sit more than one inning unless all other players present have sat out. In tournament play, the mandatory play rule is one (1) defensive inning and one (1) at-bat for Junior and lower-age levels.
Q. What level should I register my child for?
A. LeagueGM’s registration page will automatically put your child in the appropriate level for their age. If it is not allowing you to register please notify the Registrar at email@example.com .
Please note that we do not accept registrations for children who are under 5 years old as of September 1st. Proof of age required.
Please go here to see the changes to our new age groupings and their equivalent level. OLLB has adopted the Little League International player age changes for 2015. This current season, the changes affect those ages 5 to 9.
Q. How can I register my child to play?
A. You can register your child online at www.orleanslittleleague.ca and then follow the link to LeagueGM.
The registration process includes:
- If you are joining us for the first time, create a family profile. Your profile must include a minimum of 2 people, a parent (payer) and a player.
- Create or update the family information (there MUST be at least one parent listed). Use the parent column to identify the parent
- Update Athlete Status to YES for the upcoming season using the athlete column on the family profile page. Click on the green change line, double check the player information and click save at the bottom of the pop-up screen. This will change the no to a yes.
*At this point you should have one Yes in the Parent column and one Yes in the Athlete column.
- Pay online by clicking on the Red button at the family profile that states Pay Online Now.
- Print out your receipt and keep it on file for taxes.
Please note: when you create a new player, you are required to provide proof of age by attaching an image of the birth certificate to the new profile. ALL IMAGES are deleted immediately upon verification by the Registrar.
Q. I would like a copy of my tax receipt.
A. You can get all tax receipts in LeagueGM by going into Account and Registration Info. The second button down is “Tax Receipts”. You can print off all receipts for the years you have paid online.
Q. What do I do if I want to register my child in a level higher or lower than his/her age dictates?
A. There are no guarantees that any requests to move a player up or down a level will be accommodated. Many issues are involved in considering such a request. If you believe your child would be more suited to another level, follow these steps:
- Register your child at the age-appropriate level and pay the accompanying fee.
- When registering, leave a comment online or on the form stating that you would like your child to play up or down and outline the reasons why (e.g., safety, skill, experience, etc.) These notes are given to the convenors of both levels for review.
- Attend the evaluation for the level at which you would like your child to play and make sure to speak to the convenor on-site.
- Once a decision is made, it will be communicated to you as soon as possible. Should your child be moved up or down a level, the difference in fee must be paid to the Registrar or a refund will be issued.
Q. When and where are player evaluations held?
A. Schedule TBD.
Q. What is my child’s playing schedule?
A. Schedules will be released the week before spring season begins. Number of participants registered per level, field availability and volunteer participation are the key factors in creating a schedule and as such, schedules are not created until after registration has closed.
The schedule will also vary week to week in order to be fair to all teams. In the case of cancellations due to weather, games/practices may have to be moved at short notice in order to get in a complete season. Please plan some flexibility into your spring to accommodate this.
Schedules will be posted and you will be notified by email at the earliest opportunity.
Q. What is OLLB’s withdrawal and refund policy?
A. All withdrawal and refund requests must be submitted to the Registrar prior to the start of the third week of the spring season. Refunds are subject to an administrative fee of $25.
If a player must end their season due to medical reasons, documentation must be submitted to the Registrar who will present to the OLLB Board for a decision.
Exceptions to this policy may be granted by the OLLB Board based on additional information submitted by the requester.
Updated January 2017